Kiosk Software for Mac
eCrisper makes it easy to turn a Mac into a secure public access Internet kiosk.
It is used by schools, museums, hotels, churches, and libraries to reliably and elegantly give access to web content.
Free lifetime support and upgrades.
See list of features below
eCrisper divides the screen into 5 optional and resizable areas
- Each area can display rich web content
- The top area can also display a title and two logos
- The left and right sides can each display up to 20 buttons linked to URLs
- The bottom area can display a timer, a quit button, a language list, and a login box
eCrisper locks down the operating system into kiosk mode
- Prevents user access to the desktop, applications, and folders
- Deactivates undesired key combinations
- Prohibits the downloading of files from the Internet
- Automatically restarts in the event of a crash
When a session is ended by the user or because of inactivity, eCrisper closes all browser windows, deletes cookies, cache, and browser history, and returns to the home page.
You can offer free unlimited access, free but limited to a maximum number of minutes, or use accounts from your own central user database (prepaid cards).
A session is ended automatically if no activity is detected for a specified duration. The user receives a warning and can prevent the timeout.
You can restrict access to specified URLs, for example your organization’s websites.
You can easily add languages or modify existing ones. This gives you complete control over the text displayed to the users. Users can switch between languages.
eCrisper was implemented specifically for Mac using Apple’s latest software technologies and with an obsessive attention to details. It is fast, reliable, and easy to use.
The rock-solid UNIX foundation of Mac OS X provides unparalleled stability and performance. This is key to successful kiosks.
Web browsing is powered by WebKit, the world’s most advanced browser engine, the same engine used by Safari and Google Chrome.